Customized Programs for Local Groups
JTS develops highly customized educational programs in partnership with Jewish communities throughout North America, bringing the scholarship and teaching excellence of JTS faculty and fellows to you. In collaboration with community leaders, we design courses and events that explore critical themes and questions on the minds of 21st-century Jews.
We invite community leaders—lay and professional—to work with us in creating a customized learning program for the adult learners in your community. We partner with individual organizations and with collaborating organizations in a region.
Developing a Program Model for Your Group
Our programs are not one-size-fits-all. Each community we partner with learns in a unique way, and our diverse range of program models allows you to find the format that will work best for your group and provide the most compelling learning experience.
- JTS学习日: In partnership with local Jewish organizations, we bring our faculty and fellows to communities across North America—including Chicago, 南佛罗里达, 和大华盛顿地区, dc为密集的学习日, 每个都探索一个特定的主题.
- 访问学者项目: JTS faculty and fellows offer stand-alone guest lectures, serve as Shabbat scholars-in-residence, and participate in collaborative lecture series with other JTS scholars.
- 社区课程: Our multisession community courses vary in length and feature in-depth exploration of topics in Jewish history, 哲学, 宗教, 艺术, 文学, 和更多的. We also create customized online courses for interested community groups.
Our faculty and fellows are experts on a vast range of Jewish subjects, and the content we develop for your program will align with your community’s specific, 关注利益.
- 什么是美好的生活? 我们如何过上“美好的生活”?? Together we explore a range of Jewish sources and consider what they suggest about how to live as individuals and as members of Jewish and global communities. We will discuss how Jewish philosophic conceptions of “the good life” have differed from those of other traditions and discuss the role of thought, 反射, and Torah in the quest for a well-lived life.
- The Land of 以色列: Promise and Challenge This program focuses on the significance of the land of 以色列 in Jewish thought and history. How have Jews attempted to reconcile the promise of the land with the reality of Jewish exile and life in the diaspora? What happens to the Jewish longing for an ideal in the face of nationhood and the challenges of sovereignty?
- Relating to the Other in Jewish Text and Tradition 在今天的美国, Jews exercise unprecedented influence and forge close ties with non-Jews in a multitude of ways. How has Judaism viewed its responsibility to non-Jews? How central is chosenness to thinking about Jewish relations to others? What can we learn from the Jewish past about how to maintain a commitment both to a distinctive Jewish identity and to the well-being of the broader society?
- Entering the Tribe: Conversion and Jewish Identity Jewish identity is not—and never has been—a simple question of yes or no. This program discusses the history of religious conversion along with individual stories of conversion and identity. 人们是如何成为犹太人的? 传教可以吗? How have the creation of the state of 以色列 and the high rates of intermarriage in America posed new questions about conversion and Jewish identity?
To learn more about bringing JTS scholars to your community, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.